crossbow project aims to provide a complete toolkit for cross-platform game development in Rust - from project creation to publishing. In addition, the project simplifies the creation, packaging, and signing of Android and iOS applications. We want to make most of our tools - engine agnostic to help rust game developers integrate them into their engines or games.
crossbow is not only a packaging tool for Android and iOS - it's cross-platform build tools and toolkit for Rust! With
crossbundle you can create native .apk/.aab without any Java or setup Gradle project with fancy Crossbow Android plugins (iOS in near future); with
crossbundle-tools you can customize and create new commands; with
crossbow-android you can write your own Android plugins in Java/Kotlin.
- Customizable: Create new commands with available tools.
- Simple: Easy to install and start hacking but also pretty flexible for strong devs.
- Capable: It's possible to build plain .apk/.aab or .app/.ipa; or with help of Gradle/XCode.
- Rust: Don't leave your Rust code - everything can be configured from
- Plugins: Godot-like plugins for Android (and iOS in future) with Rust wrapper!
As the next steps we recommend you to install and setup
crossbundle to be able to build, test, and run your project!
See Getting Started for more information.